Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Less than three weeks to go...

Even Paul is feeling kind of sad about leaving. I can't say I am indifferent about saying goodbye to Taiwan and to our year here. Besides for me it means going from a semi-vacation mode to a full-speed study/work life. Some people think that the world becomes bigger after they’ve traveled and lived in different places. Some think the world becomes smaller. I haven’t figured out what it is for me. In a way it’s bigger because you see so many new ways people think about and do things. It’s smaller because at the same time you realize we are really not that different after all. Arlington to Hsinchu seems closer now.

Just a running list to add on to the fruits, food, and friends that we'll miss: unique ferns, the familiarity of the air (what’s with f’s!), convenience, and the multitude of small creatures.

Oh, to add to the list of things DIY (which I wrote on 2/22/07), I saw that a nearby “intimacy” store (sex toys, etc.) had a sign for DIY. That's rather curious....

No comments: