Thursday, January 03, 2008

A sad way to satisfy my craving for cuddles

Noah got a stomach bug and was miserable last night, with bouts of vomiting even during sleep. He was pale and wanted nothing but mommy's cuddles. So I sat him on my lap, covered with soft blanket, stroking his back, and just being with him quietly.

The same room, same spot, same way of holding him, with gentle strokes and soft songs... for a moment I was brought back to those newborn days five years ago. Just me and my little boy.

As miserable as it was for him, there's a slight little comfort, I think for both of us, that we had each other to lean on, and we got to savor that connection.

Now that he is back to being himself, carrying away with loud and at times discomforting/irritating tone of voice, I feel lucky, both because the sickness was so short-lived, and that I was there for him during the sickly hours.

No comments: