

We found a lizard on the apartment wall! The boys were elated. Ben went around the house screaming "zizar zizar" after we spotted it!
This is Sylvia's personal weblog. You can find some of our adventures during our sabbatical year in Taiwan (2006-2007), as well as my year spent at UC Berkeley School of Public Health (2007-08). Now we have happily settled back into life in DC. If you are contemplating a trip to Taiwan, please visit my archive or contact me and I am happy to be a tour adviser after many family-friendly adventures.
3 comments:
Lizard sighting! We used to have lizards like that in Thailand and they were great fun to watch - sometimes they were even missing limbs or tails (always thrilling to see when you are a child watching them run across the ceiling). I'll bet Noah was rivited by the excitement of seeing a lizard in his own home! Have a good day.
xoxo
JH
checking your blog has become my daily 'homework.' every day i look forward learning what's going on in your life in Hsinchu. It's hard to believe we are far away. I feel like you live just right down the street.
lizard, well, that's one aspect of Taiwan's life i don't miss. Have you seen any cockroachs yet? -Jenny P
No roaches yet, luckily! And I kind of find lizards fun, as long as they don't get in my bed! Jade, to answer your question about the white aprons (which I remember), no they don't wear that anymore. The food at Noah's school is apparently superb though, as he has a huge appetite everyday at lunch. The only thing he's rejected is shitake mushroom soup, as he's never a mushroom fan.
Post a Comment