

On the first and second days of school, Benjamin's been a loyal schoolbag carrier for Noah. He wheels Noah's bag to the car, and helps him carry it to the classroom.
Noah doesn't even want us to linger. He's ready to play with the toys and see other kids. I feel bad for those two teachers though: There are plenty of crying kids for them to deal with all day long!
On our fruit tray, you see the crunchy guava, fire-dragon-fruit ("huolongguo"), yellow kiwi, orchard apple, aka. Buddha's Head, a (huge) mango. The big pumpkin is from my friend's garden. How can you not love Taiwan for its fruit?
P.S. To the right of the double door into our building, you'll see the mailboxes, and the door by the boxes is entrance to a faculty cafeteria, which is open for lunch and dinner on weekdays. We will be checking it out tonight. If it's decent, then we are definitely off the hook from cooking, except occasional pasta to satisfay the boys' craving for Italian flavor!)
2 comments:
Wow...I miss Taiwanese fruits. I can't wait to go back to Taiwan and have them!
It looks like you guys had so much fun during the first week in Taiwan.
We will see you in December then.
Angela
aren't those 'fire dragon" fruit awesome? I ate so much of that when i was in taiwan.
The Hakka food is good and different from the typical chinese food we eat everyday. I had those 4 years ago, at a home-style environment. Actually the restaurant is inside the owner's house. It is those traditional Chinese home, with four-sided building. I ate it in Hsinchu too.
Taiwan is truly one of the best place for food. When i was reading your last email, I felt so hungry. Wonder when i can go back home again-jenny Pama
Post a Comment