Yesterday was the first real cold day that I have experienced in Taiwan. This one is finally not a hype (you know how everyone kept warning us that it will be so cold and that winter is harsh and we find it almost amusing that they are putting on down jackets, etc...), it was pretty darn cold. But we are very fortunate to have two sets of new AC/heater combo in the apartment, something that most Taiwanese homes do not have. Setting it at a mere 18c, they warm up the room almost instantly.
I was reminded that when you don't have a powerful heater in the house, even when it's not super cold out, it can get pretty uncomfortable especially when you are sitting down or trying to sleep. When I was little, I could put all my school uniform for the next morning under my blanket in bed, so my body can warm them up when I have to change in the morning.
Well, by now, when I can sit down and write about the first cold day, it's warm and beautiful again.
Monday, January 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow,真的很幸福耶~
我都是點氣氛蠟燭
開黃色的燈
頓時之間,我也覺得我自己的小窩很溫暖呢~
雅蓮~
Hi Sylvia,
I am not sure if I have your correct email. Did you get the email I sent recently? If not, please email me your email address so I keep the correct one.
Tara
California is also getting the first cold front. SF bay area's temperature is around 50F during the day and 30F at night. We're going to Lake Tahoe this weekend. Lake Tahoe's temperature is even lower. Hopefully, everyone in my family will survive.
Angela
Stay warm, you Californians! Be happy that you have heat! I enjoy winter and the contrast between the warmth of your own little cozy space and the cold air outside. Curling up with a nice book, a lit candle, and a cup of tea... that's life! Enjoy!
Post a Comment