Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Little party for Noah


We had a fun little party for Noah's 4th birthday. Two of his classmates came, along with one of his teachers and family, and another friend. Though we only had one room to entertain in, everyone seemed to have had a good time. I baked some American style chewy cookies, and that was a big hit. Home baking is not something Taiwanese do, so they thought it was very special.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy b-day, Noah!

Sylvia, Paul has forwarded me the link to your blog. I was taken aback to see how much Ben has grown (and to hear about his "terrible second" ways). I also enjoyed your post about the differences in the vocabulary of the two boys, and the one about the silent East Asian students (I fully empathize). Happy holidays, and hope to see you soon.

Sylvia said...

Hi Ji-yung, So glad to hear from you and know that you got to see how much the boys have grown since you were in DC. I am also glad Paul will get to see you in Jan..
Are your Korean students quiet like my Taiwanese ones?

Happy holidays to you and all the best!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sylvia,
Belated happy birthday to Noah!! I've been wanting to write to wish him a great birthday (by now a great birthday week) and to wish you all a great New Year!
Mila

Anonymous said...

Belated happy birthday to Noah!! And also, Happy 2007 to you all (although I am still feeling like in the days of 2006 since many unfinished projects both at work and at home)!

I meant to send you guys at least a postcard from Guatemala last week but the place we stayed was far from reaching many everyday things. That means we had no phone, no TV/news, no computer for the entire week (I've enjoyed it quite well). Instead, we had a lot of talking with a small group of interesting people from all over US as well as some first hand observations about life in rural Guatemala. It had been a missionary kind of week surrounded by few inspiring figures and numerous out of ordinary stories. I hope to digest it more in depth and to share it with all very soon.

As usual, great to learn about your everyday life there.