Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Getting ready

With mama's help, we have started to pack and go through a huge list of to-dos. If it weren't for the work-related stress (a conference presentation, a fellowship application, and two unfinished projects), I think I would actually enjoy the preparation. But my mind is going twelve different directions within a day, and that's made it stressful. I guess it helps to be the scattered-brained person that I am. Lacking precision and perfection, at least I get to multiple projects fairly easily!

We've discovered that the way to bring the greatest volume of stuff is to ditch the suitcase idea and go for large plastic containers. So we've been trying out different sizes and shapes and have found a good one. Perhaps you'll find us arriving at Taoyuan Airport with eight ugly black storage bins. That will surely be quite a scene! Plus a carseat, a stroller, two kids (one will definitely be thrilled to have been on a Boeing 747, the other one... I am not so sure), and two exhausted adults.

But as I've been going through the house trying to decide what to bring, I've realized how little we need and how much we possess and accumulate. Moving is great for organizing and simplifying life. I just hope my disorganized character doesn't mess things up too much!

Ps. Paul complained that there hasn't been even one picture of him on this blog, so here's a picture of the family from yesterday's after-dinner stroll to the nearby playground. It's amazing how often we find Ben gazing at his brother in a picture.

No comments: