Back in my teenage years, my favorite Saturday afternoon activity was watching The Cosby Show. All cuddled up in the living room floor, we would watch the shows every week, a rare get-away from studying (which is pretty much all we were supposed to do). I felt like I knew the entire family!
Well, it turned out that they all spoke English! I just watched it for the first time in ages, and it was odd to hear them not speaking Chinese, as they used to! Well, I guess the dubbing really worked well! Anyway, watching it again brought back memories of adolescence, when everything in the show resembled something American, and yet their speaking Chinese seemed completely natural!
Thursday, January 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And to me, it seems very funny to think of the Huxtables speaking Chinese! It would never have occurred to me.
Hope you had a good trip and look forward to seeing you.
Marna
Post a Comment