I don't know Zen much at all, but when I hear the "Zen of X" as it's used in English, it gives me the impression that it's about appreciating the process of something beyond what it appears to be on the surface. Well, after spending an excruciating Saturday writing this journal article which I have grown to hate, I have to say: once viewed in light of a supposedly Zen practice, it's not as unbearable as it was otherwise. I am learning, with varying degrees of success, to see it as about being present and learning to deal with the (adverse) reactions that arise. Whether any of it is true or not is not important, the point is, I have to get this thing done, and hey, why not try turning it into something to be experienced and face my emotions that's involved in the writing! Sort of like trying to hold a pose such as the chair-pose which I don't particularly enjoy!
The two-hour yoga class at the beautiful Yoga Room setting provided all the relief that I needed, so I cannot complain. Yoga makes me feel so refreshed--it's unbelievable! Plus I will soon be home with my family. Yeah!! How I wish I was on the playground with Noah and Ben Ben!
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment