


A few shots showing our recent activities. Noah's been fantasizing the outer space. He reads these few books about landing on the moon, the space shuttle and rocket ships, and the planets. He told me that when he and Ben grow up, he'll buy a space shuttle so we can all go to the outer space. Wouldn't that be fun for a trip!
My Mom got two gigantic maps and they're currently the only decorative/educational pieces on our walls. But they are a huge hit with the boys! The two of them talk to each other about what's on the maps all the time. While Noah observes more sophisticated pictures, Ben keeps his focus on animals, boats, and planes.
Finally, the last picture is taken from a morning exercise session at the kindergarten, where different classes get to take turns going up to demonstrate the various dances. As Noah (in orange) gets up there, he forgets his main task of dancing and started enthusiastically waving at his buddies like a celebrity!
4 comments:
hi sylvia,
what a great idea of turning a map into a toy. i was thinking about doing that too, but never got the time to buy one map.
but after reading your email, i am going to buy one tomorrow. thanks for reminding me-jenny p
FYI, Jenny (and other moms), you can get these great maps at Costco (at least in CA). One is a world map and the other is a US map. They are fun to look at even for the adults.
Thanks for the great ideas. I think our Costco membership ran out but I'll try to get my hands on some of those picture maps. It might also be a fun exercise for kids to create their own map of a small area, such as their bedroom. I think I'll try it with Merril and get her reaction.
Also, you are supposed to be able to login and post comments with a gmail account but I am not able to. I will check with their tech support and find out why. -Ryan
Post a Comment